Cream Cheese Wontons with Dipping Sauce Dinner Recipes; Dinner Recipes Healthy, Dinner Recipes Easy, Dinner Recipes For Family, Dinner Recipes Vegan, Dinner Recipes For Two, Dinner Recipes Date Night, Dinner Recipes Summer, Dinner Recipes Quick. #dinnerrecipeshealthy #dinnerrecipes #easydinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipesforfamily #dinnerideas #easydinnerideas
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 6
- 1 egg, beaten
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon minced chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Oil for cooking or frying
- Prepare a mixing bowl
- Add the onion powder, sugar, and cream cheese in the bowl and combine them. Make sure you stir them well until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Prepare a flat surface and place the wonton on it. Then, get a teaspoon of mixture of cream and put it into the center of wonton. Use the beaten egg to brush the edges of wonton.
- Time to fold the wonton. Bring two opposite corners of wonton together into the middle and pinch them. Repeat this step for other corners. Make sure to pinch properly, so the mixture is locked well by the wonton.
- Repeat the filling and pinching process until there is no remaining wonton and mixture.
- Get a deep-frying pan and heat the oil up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When you are not sure about temperature, it is recommended to use frying thermometer. When the oil is too hot, it can burn the edges of wontons and the pinches can be broken.
- After the oil reaches the temperature, fry the wontons. Make sure you get space between each wonton. That’s why it is recommended to do it in some batches. Cook each wonton for around 5 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to drain the fried wonton and keep frying until you have no remaining wontons.
- Before serving, sprinkle them with the minced chives. Serve them while they are still hot.
- You can also have dipping sauce to get better taste of the cream cheese wontons.