Homemade pasta is an easy recipe to make at home with simple instructions. In fact, you do not need complex steps to cook this kind of dish. The good thing about pasta is reliable to mix and combine with others, including kielbasa. For your information, kielbasa sausage is available at the store as already smoked. It means cooking will be easier and less time. Prep time is up to 15 minutes, and the cooking time is approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Of course, it might take longer if you add more ingredients. In this recipe, pasta is ready for serving 6 people. You may choose to put milk or cream based on your personal taste.
Prep time : 10-15 minutes
Cook time : 20-25 minutes
Total time : 30-40 minutes
Yield : 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. smoked kielbasa sausage, sliced thick 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1.5-2 cups onion, diced
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/2 cans diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. dry pasta, small one
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- 1/2 heavy cream or cup milk
- 1/2-1 tsp. pepper and salt, or more to taste
- Prepare sauté pan and pour olive oil then heat it at medium.
- Put kielbasa sausage and onions then fry them until they turn golden brown.
- While cooking, add garlic and continue until fragrant for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour chicken both then add heavy cream or milk, pasta, seasonings, and tomatoes.
- Stir slowly and simmer for 15-17 minutes. Make sure that pasta is soft and tender.
- Remove saucepan and put cheese then stir them. Mix and blend pasta alongside cheese until melted completely.
- Add more cheese if necessary alongside the sliced scallion.
- Now, your pasta is ready. You can add more ingredients for serving more people.