Spicy Shrimp and Taco with Lime Slaw and Sriracha Sauce
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 5 minutes
Total Time : 15 minutes
Yield : 4 servings
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 medium shrimps, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder for the seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper for the seasoning
For Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cabbage, cleaned and shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ jalapeno, seeded
- Salt and pepper for the flavor
For Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- Flour tortilla or 6 small corns
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, or sour-cream, or ranch dressing
- Get a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, spices, and oil. Mix and refrigerate them four around 10 minutes. The longer is the better. In case there is zip lock bag, it can also be used to mix the shrimp with the spices.
- Prepare a cast iron skillet and heat it by using high heat. Add the oil on pan, and then place also the seasoned shrimps. Cook them until they turn pink and cooked thoroughly. Usually it will take around 5 minutes.
- In order to make the slaw. For this, get a large bowl.
- Add and combine all of ingredients for the slaw in bowl. Then, use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl. Refrigerate it for 24 hours.
- For the sauce, whisk sriracha and other ingredients in a small bowl. Mayonnaise can also be added for the creamy result. The taste depends on your preference, so you may add more sriracha when it is necessary.
- After these three parts are done, it is time to assemble and combine them.
- Grille the tortillas by using stovetop. Then, add the shrimps and slaw. Then, do not forget drizzle them with sauce of sriracha.
- Now, it is ready to serve.